Enable-and-Disable Right-Click in the Start Menu

Sometime ago I found I was unable to access the context menu in the Windows Start Menu. Somehow, somewhere, someone... had disabled the right-click in my W7 Start Menu! The problem only surfaced in the Start Menu. I had no problem accessing the context menu in other areas such as the Desktop, Directories, Folders, Sub-folders, etc. Perplexed and bewildered, I surfed the web for answers. None of the suggested "solutions" worked. Several frustrating weeks later - when I nearly gave up hope of ever finding the solution, an idea struck: Since the context menu is part of the file system, perhaps the answer is connected to the file system browser i.e. Windows Explorer?

And it does! So here is the solution to enable right-click in your W7 Start menu:

1. Right-click the Windows Start Button located at the bottom left corner of your screen.

2. Click to open Properties

3. Click the Start Menu tab

4. Click the "Customize..." button to customize the Start Menu

5. Check the box "Enable context menus and dragging & dropping"

Done! You should now be able to access the context menu in the Windows Start Menu.

Approaches That Didn't Work for Me: Edit Registry in fanhow.com and howtogeek.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for your comments. While I will strive to answer all your queries please be patient as I am overwhelmed at work.

Thanks for your understanding,

GreenCoal

 

Copyright © 2008-2011 bfcAsia - All photos and contents are copyrighted material of shunFoto.com • All Rights Reserved