Fujioh FX-900: Update

Related Posts
1 How to choose: Cooker Hood
2 Fujioh FX-900: Butting the Head
3 Review: Fujioh Hood FX-900
4 Fujioh FX-900: Update

A reader was undecided if he should buy Rinnai or Fujioh cooker hood and asked for advice. That question spurred me to complete my post "How to Choose: Cooker Hood" - a write-up I'm embarrassed to say had been left on the back-burner for quite a while!

"I'm sorry - I'm unable to advise on Rinnai hoods because I didn't look closely at them. Their hoods didn't have any standout feature like the Fujioh FX-900. In fact nearly 4 yrs on

I am still impressed with the Fujioh FX-900 and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good and competent cooker hood."

As previously stated on the blog I chose FX-900 over the competition for the following reasons:

1. Easy maintenance due to its metal filter and tray to catch oil condensates and drips.

A metallic oil filter is easier to keep clean and replace than a cotton-carbon filter. Once a week I use a soapy sponge to wipe the underside of the Fujioh hood. Every 3 months I would disassemble and clean the inside of the hood. No other hood could be easier or simpler to clean!

2. Ability to absorb oily fumes.

Many hoods claim high suction power but don't extract/absorb oily fumes well. I know that because my previous German hood boasted "high" suction power due to a powerful motor. But as far as oil absorption was concerned it didn't absorb oily fumes well. Reason? It was simply not made for our Asian-style cooking. Asians stir-fry a lot on the stove. We don't use the oven to cook as much as our European counterpart. Sure, Europeans do use the stove to pan-fry steaks and fish. But they do so with a light touch.

For instance, when they pan fry steak it is normally done briefly to seal in the meat juices and produce the maillard effect. They use cooking oil judiciously and their cooking method don't produce much oily fumes. Consequently good

design and aesthetics, not oil absorption, figure strongly in their choice of cooker hood. Good engineeering takes a back seat to good design, unlike in Japan where good engineering has produced the highly efficient Fujioh FX-900 hood.

My enthusiasm and positive review for the hood has sparked buying interest from readers. And benefitted the outlet where I bought the Fujioh from. A-hem!!.. they should pay me a monthly retainer for the endorsement and advertisement! But it does not matter, if I have helped you buy a product that is well designed, perform as stated, and stand the test of time. For such is the Fujioh FX900. And I was fortunate to have stumbled upon it in my search for a good cooker hood!

To sum up, if you enjoy cooking and spend much time in the kitchen, I would suggest you consider the FX-900. Looks aside, it performs admirably. I have had no problems with it so far. Though it is pricier than most competing brands,

longer term, if it helps save you time and effort in cleaning and maintaining your hood and kitchen, it is money well-spent, isn't it?

My family enjoys home cooking. As much as possible we always prefer nutritious home-cooked meals over those served at food courts and restaurants. And the the Fujioh, paired successfully with the Rinnai inner-flame hob, has definitely added to my thrill and pleasure in preparing home-cooked meals for my family!

Related Posts
1 How to choose: Cooker Hood
2 Fujioh FX-900: Butting the Head
3 Review: Fujioh Hood FX-900
4 Fujioh FX-900: Update

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for your comments. While I will strive to answer all your queries please be patient as I am overwhelmed at work.

Thanks for your understanding,

GreenCoal

 

Copyright © 2008-2011 bfcAsia - All photos and contents are copyrighted material of shunFoto.com • All Rights Reserved