Kitchen Color Scheme

Related Posts
1 Kitchen Design
2 Kitchen Zones
3 Perspective Drawing
4 Kitchen Color Scheme
5 Kitchen Drawer System
6 Hettich Drawer Slides & Runners

My ID submitted new perspective drawings of my kitchen with the color scheme I had indicated.

I must really give credit to my ID for his color sense. Originally I had wanted glossy red for the kitchen cabinets i.e. red for the cabinet fronts, and white for the counter top and cabinet carcass and sides. Not any kind of red, but a new red shade that was recently introduced, something like the red tone that appeared in Ikea's 2008 Kitchen Catalog.

But after mulling over the color scheme for several weeks, I felt it was too brash, too bold, too splashy! Too much red I thought. Maybe it would look good initially, but would we be able to live with it one or two years later?

I began to feel it would perhaps be safer to err on the side of caution ... better select a neutral color like wood-grained paneling instead of bright, brashy red!

However, my ID liked my original choice of color and suggested the top cabinet could be in white, with the bottom cabinets in red. And he will use a glass backsplash that is spray-painted black. That will tone down the overall red impact, and give an overall classy look.

I wasn't convinced, and asked him to show me the drawings:

So what do you think?

hmm... I think I like the new color scheme, the red being toned down somewhat with white for the top cabinets instead of red. And the black glass back-splash complements the overall look. Nice !

But there would be some changes to the cabinet design.

ADDENDUM: Some readers reacted strongly to the proposed color scheme, preferring a more neutral color. It is difficult to discuss colors based on what's shown on the web because somehow (blame it on my poor photographic skills) the color reproduced by the camera and the web is nowhere near the real thing.

For what it is worth, I reproduced below retouched pictures of the color samples, to be as close as possible to the colors chosen. The color codes are also given for those who have asked, EDL Laminate Color Code Ref: 5510G and 0101G in my case.



Related Posts
1 Kitchen Design
2 Kitchen Zones
3 Perspective Drawing
4 Kitchen Color Scheme
5 Kitchen Drawer System
6 Hettich Drawer Slides & Runners

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for your comments. While I will strive to answer all your queries please be patient as I am overwhelmed at work.

Thanks for your understanding,

GreenCoal

 

Copyright © 2008-2011 bfcAsia - All photos and contents are copyrighted material of shunFoto.com • All Rights Reserved