Kitchen: Perspective Drawings

Related Posts
1 Kitchen Design
2 Kitchen Zones
3 Perspective Drawing
4 Kitchen Color Scheme
5 Kitchen Drawer System
6 Hettich Drawer Slides & Runners

As mentioned in other posts, I had sold our private apartment and was required to hand vacant possession to the buyer by 10-Feb 08. I only collected keys to the HDB resale flat on 14-Jan-08. I thus had very little time to renovate the HDB flat, because LNY fell on 7-Feb in 2008.

I therefore decided to renovate the flat in 2 stages: Stage 1 involved the wet works, replacement of doors and windows, plumbing, laying laminated flooring over the ceramic floors in the bedrooms, electrical rewiring, and air-con installation. Stage 2 would be the carpentry works.

Stage 1 has been essentially completed, remaining as at today (17-Mar-08) only the window areas to be tiled, following which the WC bowl could be installed. By the end of the week Stage 1 is expected to be completed.

The ID sent me the following perspective drawings for Stage 2 works, based on my requirements:

1-Proposed Galley Kitchen:

2-Proposed Dining Lounge and Galley Kitchen:

3-Proposed Wardrobe:

ADDENDUM: 27-Mar-2011
Now, don't be mesmerized by the drawings! Designers always exaggerate - just like property developers launching new projects - making larger-than-life perspective drawings to draw in the viewer. In reality my kitchen wasn't so humongous like Sketch #1. It would be wonderful if it was.

I have my own sketches, and chose my colors: red and white. That would be the color theme for the bath, toilet as well. It's important you choose a 'safe' color scheme that unifies all the spaces if you want a consistent look. Otherwise you risk getting a look that tires you out before long. Don't go for jazzy designs or designs that are too bold and attractive. Such designs may captivate you for a while, but it certainly will not last. Hence for a durable, eternal look I went for a safe white theme for my kitchen, bathroom, and toilet. Complemented by splashes of red. The red color was chosen carefully. Not all red shades are the same. I went for a shade that had tinges of orange for a darker tonal value than the opposite brighter one. To tone down and ensure that red did not dominate, I complemented the red cabinets with white. So the backdrop was white tiles, white cabinets, white work-top, with red sparingly used to add a bright sparkle to the kitchen. Result is a color scheme that is cheerful, yet not too jazzy, a look that I believe will stand the test of time. In other words, we're unlikely to get tired with the kitchen color theme for a long while.

And that's also why I opted for laminates this time: color and maintenance - those were the two cogent reasons. In my previous custom-fitted kitchen, I went for solid oak cabinet doors. Looked nice, but after a few years, I realized it was difficult to maintain its look owing to atmospheric conditions and our Asian style of cooking. The solid oak cabinets attracted oily vapors and you have few color options aside from the usual wood stains and sealers.

Related Posts
1 Kitchen Design
2 Kitchen Zones
3 Perspective Drawing
4 Kitchen Color Scheme
5 Kitchen Drawer System
6 Hettich Drawer Slides & Runners

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for your comments. While I will strive to answer all your queries please be patient as I am overwhelmed at work.

Thanks for your understanding,

GreenCoal

 

Copyright © 2008-2011 bfcAsia - All photos and contents are copyrighted material of shunFoto.com • All Rights Reserved