ID Contact

Related Posts
1 How to Choose ID
2 Protect Yourself Against Unscrupulous Contractors
3 Engaging an ID
4 Our Renovation Cost & ID
5 ID Contact
6 ID Update
7 Renovation headaches
8 ID Topic Revisited

After much consideration, I have decided to publish herein some questions from readers and comments that may prove useful to other readers who may have similar

questions on renovation, contacts, pricing, etc.

The latest PM (i.e personal message) came from leeky on 20-Dec-09. He wanted the contact number of my renovation ID / Contractor. Below is an earlier response to a similar request from another reader :

--

PM: Contacts
Hi,

It has been quite enjoyable to read your post & blogs.

Will you be able to provide me the contacts for your painter & contractor?

Thanks in adv!!!
Sent by marveille on Apr 30 2008, 12:42 PM

--

Hi Marveile:

Thank you for yr kind words and support of my blog.

Painter's name is Ali hp 94605697. Search and read my post on negotiation with this guy pl. Wonder if I had post on my blog too? Will check. Been busy lah.

For the renovation work my ID was James Teng of Summit Design hp 90660968 (James told me he left Summit already - see post on ID Update).

When you negotiate it is advisable to start from their promotional offer where possible, and work from there. This way you will avoid letting the ID take

advantage of you e.g. if they sense you are "green" and too eager, they will go in for the kill - chop!! chop!! - like killing a pig. *grin*

So use their promotional leaflet itemised price-list as a starting point in your negotiation. Also, after you receive the first quotation try to see if you can negotiate further price markdown a few days later. This way you ensure you get a fair deal.

By the same token, treat yr ID fairly too. If you think he deserves praise for his hard work, acknowledge it and do not be too demanding or unreasonable when delays occur.

In my case, not only did my ID's subcontractor(s) have trouble meeting deadlines e.g. I'm still waiting for the plumber to finish kitchen sink, hot shower, and rest

of plumbing line but also Citygas - been waiting for 2 weeks now for appointment (!!). Finally they called a while ago to come on this Friday to fix the gas meter and to turn on the gas.

Also, some jobs depend on others -- so ensure loose ends are tied up to minimize delays.

Think i will put these comments on my blog -- as I've been repeating each time some reader messaged me for the ID's contact.

All the best on yr renovation and please share yr reno photos too.

Rgds

Next: ID Update

Related Posts
1 How to Choose ID
2 Protect Yourself Against Unscrupulous Contractors
3 Engaging an ID
4 Our Renovation Cost & ID
5 ID Contact
6 ID Update
7 Renovation headaches
8 ID Topic Revisited

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for your comments. While I will strive to answer all your queries please be patient as I am overwhelmed at work.

Thanks for your understanding,

GreenCoal

 

Copyright © 2008-2011 bfcAsia - All photos and contents are copyrighted material of shunFoto.com • All Rights Reserved